Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cornetto Packaging

My wife sent me to the shop today to pick up a Cornetto ice cream for her. Her instructions were clear - Chocolate or Vanilla but NOT strawberry.

Having bought her a chocolate one a couple of days ago I knew what to look for. I grabbed one headed home handed it over and realised "DAMN IT'S STRAWBERRY".

While the newish packaging looks quite funky, I was suckered by the similarity between the packaging of the different flavours and because they were packed near to eachother in the shelf I didn't pick it up until she did.

I didn't even pick up the white vs. pink of the packaging. I just saw the brown packaging interlinked with a lighter colour.

There's a lesson here - while its great to have uniform packaging
- just be careful that it doesn't confuse your brands.

No comments: